Many people experience high blood pressure at some stage in their lives. When it becomes a permanent fixture, hypertension poses a significant threat to your health. You increase your chances of encountering a severe coronary event. High blood pressure also increases your risk for other diseases. If you want to lower your blood pressure naturally, the team at 120/Life is here to show you how.
What can I do to help manage stress?
When you’re in a stressful situation, your body generates a surge of hormones, including cortisol and adrenaline. Both of these hormones trigger events that result in higher blood pressure.
Although it isn’t always possible to remove stressors from your life, you can find ways to manage them. You can lower your blood pressure naturally by:
- Using meditation to become more mindful of stress triggers and develop a healthier emotional response.
- Trying exercises such as yoga to rebalance your energy and increase your fitness levels.
- Use talking therapies to develop better coping mechanisms.
Over time, managing your stress to lower your blood pressure naturally is achievable.
How much do I need to exercise to lower my blood pressure?
One of the best and cheapest ways to treat blood pressure is with exercise. If you’re more of a couch lover than a gym bunny, it’s still possible to start working out and making measurable changes.
If you’re new to exercise or you haven’t tried it for a while, start with walking. It’s easy to find free Couch to 5K programs online, too. No matter how small you start, recognize that you’re treating your heart in the way it deserves. The more exercise you fit in, the easier it is to lower blood pressure naturally.
How can the 120/Life drink help to lower blood pressure naturally?
At 120/Life, we realized that millions of people across the country want to lower blood pressure naturally. In response to this, we developed a drink that has the right ingredients to help people with hypertension. It achieves this in the following ways:
- We included pomegranate as it acts as a natural ACEI. ACEIs are routinely prescribed to lower blood pressure throughout the United States. They disrupt the chemical pathways that cause your body to narrow the blood vessels, which then reduces the resistance your heart beats against.
- The cranberries in our drink reduce your triglyceride levels. As a result, you improve your cardiovascular health over time and reduce your coronary event risk profile.
- Hibiscus is another ACEI and it can also act as a potassium-sparing diuretic. As such, you don’t retain as much water, which results in a modest reduction in your blood volume. The potassium-sparing effects ensure you still have enough of the mineral left in your body to protect your cardiac muscle.
- We also include beetroot, which is a natural source of nitrates. When those nitrates convert to NO, they relax your blood vessel walls and reduce your blood pressure.
- Finally, the magnesium in your drink acts as a natural calcium channel blocker. Like ACEIs, calcium channel blockers are used to reduce blood pressure in the medical world.
How can I change my diet?
Taking control of your diet is a simple way to lower blood pressure naturally. When you reduce salt, you also retain less water, which then results in lower blood pressure. Similarly, cutting back on alcohol and caffeine means you’re eliminating some of the substances that raise your blood pressure by default. You should also make a conscious effort to switch unhealthy trans fats for omega-3s. As a result, you’ll protect both your neurological and cardiovascular health.
If you’re ready to lower your blood pressure naturally, contact us to learn more about adding the 120/Life drink to your diet.